Friday, October 3, 2008

Holiday post #5

FRIDAY

Today I did 'The usual'. Over the holidays 'The usual' has become usual for me. It's really boringgg. At least I played lots of bughouse today on ICC and FICS. In the process I discovered Thief which is an awesome bughouse interface. It's good because the ptell buttons allow you to repeatedly spam your partner with requests of '+Q' and '++'. I partnered Gavin some way through it, and we owned some team a few times, then I matched Gavin at bullet, and we played lots of that. Afterwards when I played games, I found myself in one game playing the retarded e4 Nf6 e5 d5?+-. At least one positive part of today is that I didn't oversleep and miss toasted tv in the morning :)

Yesterday was another boring day. I baked cookies (from cookie dough of course, I'm too lazy to make them from scratch) played way too much flute - about 2 hours, and read some of LoTR. Sadly, the climax of yesterday was getting to 4000 points on city bloxx with only blue towers (that's average of 160 a tower, it's actually really hard)...

On Wednesday, I went to Eugene's house to play a postponed game (shutup Andy). I got there 15 minutes early, so we started early. I was white, and to avoid his Sicilian preparations - which he has a horrible record with, anyway - I played 1.d4 and we got a Grunfeld. I quickly lost my advantage as white due to him putting pressure on my centre, but somehow I managed to more or less equalise and we got into a N v B ending. I managed to draw this, but annoyingly, I had worked out a line which ended in a draw, and that line happened, but 2 moves before the game ended I had a really obvious winning move! oh well...

After the game we (inc. Eugene's awesome little brother) went to some shop to buy lunch. Then he showed me some random stuff on the computer, and soon Eugene's mum came home, and I was taken to the tram stop. On the tram, a set of ticket inspectors came on, checked our tickets (one person didn't have her ticket and was asked off the tram), and left. Then, AT THE NEXT STOP, another set came on! wth... we had to explain that we all just had our tickets checked, and the inspectors, looking embarrassed, got off. On the way home from Oakleigh I passed about a million urine trees, I hate them. They stink and I had to hold my breath as I ran past them, which prevented me from carrying out aerobic respiration to produce energy.

Oh, and my quest to obtain perfect pitch is almost successful. I can always get B or Bb when I try to sing middle C :P That happens even if I try to sing D ^o)

I'm pretty bored

No comments: